The Abbeville Fete
Celebrating its 20th Anniversary, The Abbeville Fete will return to Clapham on Saturday 25 June 2016.
With more than 60 street stalls, a street BBQ and bar, a dedicated kids zone, a fancy dress parade (this year’s theme – seaside), live music and even a dog show, the Abbeville Fete is one of South London’s main social gatherings with activities and fun for all the family.
Taking place on Abbeville Road, SW4, from 12pm to 6pm, The Abbeville Fete celebrates London’s diversity, community spirit and local enterprise by bringing Londoners and visitors together in raising funds for five local charities:
- Ace of Clubs (a day centre for homeless and vulnerable members of the community)
- Lambeth Summer Projects Trust (enabling young people from deprived areas of the community to enjoy a summer programme of recreational and educational activities)
- Kid’s City (providing before and after-school schemes and holiday play schemes for the children of local families)
- Home Start Lambeth (offering support, friendship and practical help to families with pre-school age children across Lambeth)
- Church of the Holy Spirit (Abbeville Road’s local Church – supporting their community outreach initiatives)
Since its creation in 1997, the fete has raised an estimated £250,000 for local causes in Lambeth.