Free annual family fun day
Join us to celebrate the 4th annual Africa International Day of Action 2017. This Rastafari-led annual free community day is a day of ”Healing, Repair and Coming together for Change” and will have a special focus on Showcasing the diversity of African and Caribbean Culture and Heritage within Lambeth.
The Rastafari movement will be holding its annual free community day at Kennington Park, on Saturday 5 August 2017 from 10am till 7pm.
Health and Wellbeing Zone
The free community day features activities and workshops such as:
- Roots Aerobic Sessions
- Family sports day
- Football, Netball
- Traditional Family Games fun
- Advice and guidance on physical and mental wellbeing
- Community advice
Market and Stalls
This year we are supporting It’s Your Local Market and there will be plenty of stalls, including a:
- fantastic array of Hand Made cultural arts and crafts
- mouthwatering range of Traditional African and Caribbean Cuisine
- Rastafari Ital
- vegan food
- natural juices and so much more!
Music, entertainment and education:
Our main stage will host an extravagant intergenerational array of local performers, poets, dancers and speakers:
- Our Lion’s Den will host an acoustic masterclass of Rastafari drummers and singers.
- Local Rastafari history and artifacts
- Rastafari way of holistic and healthy living
- Traditional African games
- African dance
- Djembe drumming
Find out more
For more information on the event, stalls or sponsorship, please contact the Rastafari movement on 07769 813 799 or email Rastafarimovementuk@yahoo.co.uk.