Give your money a health check during healthy finances week, 14-19 July
We know life is still tough for many and we are working hard to make a difference. So to help you with your money worries, we’re holding Healthy Finances Week 2014 from 14-19 July.
The week is full of free events that can help you can take control of your money:
• On Monday 14 July, drop in to learn how to get the best deals online with one of our digi buddies (Lambeth Customer Centre, Olive Morris House between 9am and 5pm)
• On Tuesday 15 July, get advice about debt, benefits or other financial issues by coming to the Citizen’s Advice Bureau’s Debt Clinic (Lambeth Customer Centre, Olive Morris House between 9am and 5pm)
• On Thursday 17 July, our Healthy Finances Fair will roll into Windrush Square. It’s open from 11am to 4pm and is a great opportunity to get information about benefits, learn how to handle housing problems, consumer issues and even disputes at work, from the Citizen’s Advice Bureau. You can also:
- Learn how to get the best deals online from our digi buddies.
- Speak to a local bank or the credit union about opening a bank account.
- Check out our jobs and skills bus to find out how you can take the next step in your career
- Take our taste test to figure out how to save money at the supermarket
• Finally, if you have children at a local children’s centre, you can attend a Money Wise session; ask their staff for details on when it will be at your centre.
We are also launching our Financial Resilience Strategy and talking to local businesses and organisations about how they can support you to earn more and help you look after your money.
Our staff are getting involved too! To make sure those who need help can get the right advice as soon as possible, we’re training our front-line staff to recognise when you are experiencing hardship and understand which support services can help you overcome it.
If you’d like any more details about any of these events, contact Liz Gardiner: email@example.com or phone 020 7926 8962.