Keeping safe from financial abuse
Please join us at a FREE community event on Wednesday 6 December 2017 to find out how to access support and advice on how to tackle financial abuse.
Financial abuse if one of the most prevalent types of abuse, accounting for 13% of all safeguarding concerns raised in Lambeth in 2016/17.
This event aims to improve awareness of this issue in Lambeth and help local residents and workers respond to concerns.
What is Financial Abuse?
Financial abuse can affect anyone and is often carried out by someone in a position of trust, but could also be a stranger who befriends you. Financial abuse can be when;
- Money is taken from you without your permission
- Pressure is put on you to give someone money when you don’t want to
- Someone spends your money without your consent
- Someone takes control of your money without your permission
What can you expect at this event?
- Advice and guidance on where to access support and where to get information
- The chance to hear from experts, including speakers from Action on Elder Abuse, Lambeth Trading Standards and RBS Bank, and join the discussion
- Resources to help you protect yourselves and others from financial abuse
- A better understanding of how we can work together to tackle financial abuse
Date: Wednesday 6 December 2017
Time: 10am to 3:30pm
Location: We Are 336, 336 Brixton Road, Brixton, SW9 7AA
Lunch will be provided!
To sign up for this please register via eventbrite.
Find out more
To find out more about safeguarding adults or to report any concerns you may have that an adult at risk is being harmed or neglected, please visit the Lambeth Safeguarding Adults Board website.