Have your say on Milkwood Community Park Plans
There’s money available to update the children’s play area in award-winning Milkwood Community Park and we want to hear the community voice their choice on the best way to spend it.
Lambeth Council is working with the Friends of Milkwood Community Park to plan and deliver improvements to the park equipment, play areas and planting. Milkwood Community Park is one of Lambeth’s 14 Green Flag award-winning parks. It was our first ever Green Flag award park back in 2007, and has successfully retained the ward every year since, making it 11 years in succession.
Plans for the future
The Friends of Milkwood Community Park have already identified some ideas for improvement to the Park:
- Line marking for the Multi Games Area (this has already been done)
- Repair/renew the nest swing
- Repair the wet pour in the children’s play area
- Repair the amphitheatre seating
- New outdoor gym equipment
- Repair the raised planting beds
- Accessible play equipment
- Sensory planting
Funding for the project comes from the Peabody Trust development of new housing on Milkwood Road. The funding is only available on condition that money is spent on improvements to Milkwood Community Park. Some of the money must be spent on either creating new children’s play space or improvements to the existing children’s play space in the park. The works will be agreed following consultation with the local community.
Have your say
- We want to hear your views, tell us now at Proposed changes to Milkwood Community Park consultation.
- Or attend our Milkwood Community Park drop-in session.
History of Milkwood Park
The Milkwood Residents Association (est. 1992), working with Jessop and Willowfield schools back in 2000, drew up plans and raised funds to convert a neglected space to a community park with play areas, sports facilities, meeting places and environmental area. The park opened in 2004. The Green Flag award recognises the considerable achievements made by everybody to provide the community with a green space to be proud of.