Minet library continues alongside Lambeth Archives
The summer library service at the Minet Library will continue at the site, following a decision by Lambeth Council regarding the Archives which is based in the same building.
The Lambeth Archives is due to move to a new, purpose built facility at 301 Kennington Lane which will take around three to four years to come to fruition.
While the Archives remains at the Minet site at 52 Knatchbull Road, a neighbourhood library is open alongside.
The library has as a self-service facility with trained library staff support for between two and a half and three hours a day from the Hubs Library team. The Home Visit library service will continue to be based in the building, whose staff, alongside the Archives staff, will be able to monitor use of the library, when librarians are not present.
The library will open for the same hours as the Archives, as below:
- Monday 1pm-8pm (A librarian will be available from 2 to 5pm)
- Tuesday 10am-6pm (A librarian will be available from 10am to 12.30pm)
- Wednesday closed
- Thursday 10am-6pm (A librarian will be available from 2 to 5pm)
- Friday 10am-3pm (A librarian will be available from 10am to 1pm)
- Saturday 9am-1pm & 2pm–5pm (A librarian will be available from 9 to 11.30am)
Activities delivered include a weekly Under 5s group – Wriggle & Rhyme every Tuesday morning from 10.30 – and a monthly Reading Group, as well as other library activities, such as school holiday activities and digital support.
IT facilities are available and the number of PCs will also be increased soon.
A decision on the long term future of the Minet site will be made in partnership with the local community.