Pop Brixton hosts jobs fair for young people
Pop Brixton will be hosting a two day jobs fare on Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 July from 1pm till 4pm. This free event is aimed at Lambeth school and college leavers looking for support to find jobs, apprenticeships, traineeships, work experience as well as business advice from hospitality and fashion entrepreneurs who are based at Pop Brixton.
Pop Brixton tenants from the hospitality, fashion and management industries are working alongside Lambeth Council and Lambeth Working, in conjunction with their partners Green Man Skills Zone, to run Pop’s first community event. Lambeth Working is an initiative that sees the council joining together with local organisations to offer local people access to jobs and employment support services as well as support business enterprise across the borough.
The event is structured around current local vacancies as well as opportunities to speak directly to employers and will give everyone who attends the chance to find out about exciting job opportunities, available apprenticeships, key job search tips, CV help and business advice from successful entrepreneurs.
Registration will be at 1pm with the the day’s activities starting with a speech from Cabinet Member for Jobs and Growth – Councillor Jack Hopkins.
From then you can join one of the signposted tables which include:
- Meet the boss: talk to employers with vacancies about job requirements
- How to get a job @ PopBrixton: Lambeth Working enrollment, screening, recruitment and in-job support and training support packages from Green Man Skills Zone
- Apprenticeships: meet employers offering apprenticeships
- Work Experience: talk to employers offering work experience
- Successful people in hospitality: get advice from pop entrepreneurs about what are the main characteristics of successful business people
- Running your own business: get advice from pop entrepreneurs about how to make your business successful and sustainable
- Winning CV’s & Interview tips: advice from Green Man Skills Zone on how to write a CV, and try out innovative ‘see me CV’ techniques as well as interview tips and talking to pop employers about what they look for in a candidate
- 3.20pm: Food and wine demonstrations
- 3.50pm: Networking and follow up
- 4pm: Event end
Please arrive at 1pm for refreshments and registration.
Pop Brixton, 49 Brixton Station Road, London SW9 8PQ