London’s leading library-based literature festival this May and June 2015
Bestselling authors Alex Wheatle and Zoe Williams, award-winning Byker Grove and Emmerdale scriptwriter Andrew S Walsh, and Portuguese writer Gabriela Ruivo Trindade are just a few of the speakers at the Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival that runs throughout May and into June this year.
The event, now in its twelve year, is London’s leading library-based literature festival and boasts a programme of readings, discussions and workshops for all ages, in libraries across the borough.
This year’s Festival includes the free quarterly ‘Brixton BookJam’ at the Hootananny pub (1 June at 7.30pm). This great event brings together an eclectic mix of big name and local writers for a night of book-related, but not bookish, entertainment. Alex Wheatle, Tamim Sadikali, Jean Smith, Graham Buchan, Poppy Corbett will all be contributing.
For children there is a special Teddy’s Bears Picnic and bear hunt event at the Carnegie Library.
See the full festival programme at http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/leisure-parks-and-libraries/libraries/lambeth-readers-and-writers-festival-2015 or visit your local library for listings.
For more information contact: email@example.com.
Lambeth library details
- Brixton Library, Brixton Oval SW2 1JQ. Tel: 020 7926 1056
- Carnegie Library, 188 Herne Hill Road SE24 0AG. Tel: 020 7926 6050
- Clapham Library, Mary Seacole Centre, 91 Clapham High Street, SW4 7DB. Tel: 020 7926 0717
- Durning Library, 167 Kennington Lane SE11 4HF. Tel: 020 7926 8682
- Lambeth Archives and Minet Library, 52 Knatchbull Road SE5 9QY. Tel: 020 7926 6073
- South Lambeth Library, 180 South Lambeth Road SW8 1QP. Tel: 020 7926 0705
- Streatham Library, 63 Streatham High Road SW16 1PL. Tel: 020 7926 6768
- Upper Norwood Library, 39-41 Westow Hill, Upper Norwood SE19 1TJ. Tel: 020 8670 2551
- Waterloo Library, 114-118 Lower Marsh SE1 7AG Tel: 020 7926 8750
- West Norwood Library (temp), The Old Library Centre, 14-16 Knights Hill SE27 0HY Tel: 020 7926 8092.