- 4 Chicken legs and thighs
- 1 cup water
- Marinade mix
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper
- ½ Onion
- 2 Spring onions
- ½ Red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh basil
- Splash of oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Low salt all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp Pimento powder
- 1 tsp Low salt soy sauce
- 5cm Ginger
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Juice from ½ Orange
1. Add the marinade mix ingredients into the blender and blend into an almost smooth paste.
2. Add 4 tbsp of blended marinade mixture into a bowl with the chicken (1 tbsp per chicken piece), reserving a small amount to use as a basting sauce whilst cooking. Add water into the bowl to help marinade penetrate the meat.
Tip – leftover marinade can be frozen
3. Cover with the bowl with cling film and leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours
4. Place the chicken in an oven tray skin side down and bake for 20 minutes on gas mark 5/190C.
5. Turn the chicken over so that is skin side up and baste.
6. Place the chicken back in the over for a further 25 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden brown.
7. Take chicken out of oven and cover with foil – leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
The Small Change, Big Difference campaign shows that simple ideas and small changes can reduce the environmental impact of the food we eat, as well as save us money and make us healthier.