Community event the Stockwell Festival is free in Larkhall Park, July 7, 12 to 6pm for the sixteenth time this millennium!
This year focuses on enjoyable ways to enhance your wellbeing, with free activities and taster sessions:
- Big Kid Foundation are hosting a ‘World Cup’, with a mix of ages and abilities.
- G-Tennis will hold free tennis sessions
- Demonstration by the Brixton Boxing Gym
- Try – or just watch – with Solarte Taekwondo
- Bellydancing with Small World
- Dr Bike the Lambeth bicycle experts will help you fix any problems with your bike, and Peddle My Wheels will let you try before you buy an affordable bike.
Music & dancing
The M-stage runs on solar power and features local performers playing music from all around the world – from choirs to singer-songwriters. The Community Performance Area hosts dance classes and displays from local community cultures.
Community action zone
A unique area dedicated to charities and local groups and organisations who want to raise awareness of issues, fundraise, recruit volunteers or help spread the word about positive action. Make new contacts, find out more about the neighbourhood and get involved in the community.
- LEAP will host an area for early years children and parents, with activities, info and advice. Parents can visit the Children and Young People’s Health Partnership stand with any questions they may have about their child’s health
- Local organisation Oasis will bring their much-loved pedal karts which children can use for free, plus crafts for all.
- The Larks are the community gardening group in the park – make a free flower arrangement to take home.
Food, drink & shopping
- Street food from S Class Caribbean, Hungry Llama Peruvian food, Vegan Sweet Tooth, 3 Girls and a Cupcake, Tita World Cuisine and more.
- Bar by Brixton Brewery and Divine Wine.
- Market with fabulous local arts, crafts, clothing, plants and food
For more information