Streatham Ice teens bring home Gold
Two teenagers from Streatham won Gold medals in this year’s British Ice Skating Championships.
Rebecca Clarke, aged 16, and Theodore Alexander, 13 won gold in the Advanced Novice Dance Couples at British Ice Skating Championships 2017. Their success was a highlight of a tremendous team result for skaters who train at Streatham Ice Rink. Another couple also won Gold; one won bronze; and several of the skaters achieved personal best scores at the championships.
Rebecca and Theodore are unusual in that they not only train at Streatham Ice but both also live in Streatham, very local to the rink. Both have skated at Streatham from the age of 6.
Both have successfully taken part in competitions with other partners, but formed this partnership in the summer when both were between partners at the same time.
- Theo had taken time out to compete in Solo Ice Dance where he won a silver medal – also at Advanced Novice level – in June at the British Solo Ice Dance Championships 2017.
- Rebecca was runner-up last year in the British Ice Skating Championships in Advanced Novice Couples 2016 with her previous partner, and in the past has been Basic Novice Solo Champion & Basic Novice Couples Champion.
For more information
- For video of the British Ice Skating Championships 2017 see You Tube
- Follow Rebecca and Theodore on Facebook
- For details of Streatham Ice Risk and Leisure Centre, including facilities, opening times, and how to book online visit their information pages