Interim Chief Executive of Lambeth Council Andrew Travers says: “Since the first Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival 15 years ago it has become a regular highlight and goes from strength to strength. This year’s highlights include award-winning adult and children’s authors, creative writing classes, poetry to listen to, engage with and perform yourself, historical talks, music with a literary leaning and more. Come and join us and express yourself!”
What’s on – Final week + 28 May – 4 June
- 29 May Jacek Dehnel and Clare Mulley. Polish TV presenter and writer Jacek Dehnel discusses his latest novel Lala with biographer Clare Mulley. Organised in association with the Polish Cultural Institute. Clapham Library 7pm.
- May 31 Lambeth Archives: behind the scenes (pictured above left). As part of London History Day, archivist Len Reilly explains how Lambeth’s archives are organised and how we decide what goes in. Free but advance booking needed Minet Library 2.30 pm.
- June 2 June 4 Brixton Book Jam. Free 15-minute readings – Brainfood for a Monday night – a congenial, intelligent, unpredictable event. Hootenanny pub SW2 1DF
- Ends May 31 The Living Library exhibition Clapham Library/Clapham Omnibus.
For more information
- Free booking for Lambeth Archives: behind the scenes email email@example.com/ Tel: 020 7926 6076.
- Book tickets for North Sea Radio Orchestra via Eventbrite
- For full details about this week’s events and what’s on throughout the month, pick up a copy of the guide (as shown above) from your local library, or visit Library Services’ information page about the festival and download it
- Email readers and writers festival
- Follow the readers and writers festival on Facebook or twitter