Welcome to this year’s Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival – Week Three (14 -20 May)
Whether you enjoy reading, writing, discussion or simply sitting back and listening, there’s something for you happening in this year’s Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival. Fiction and history, prose and poetry, local writers and international literary superstars – be part of the story in Lambeth libraries.
Interim Chief Executive of Lambeth Council Andrew Travers says: “Since the first Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival 15 years ago it has become a regular highlight and goes from strength to strength. This year’s highlights include award-winning adult and children’s authors, creative writing classes, poetry to listen to, engage with and perform yourself, historical talks, music with a literary leaning and more. Come and join us and express yourself!”
What’s on 14 May to 20 May
- 15 May Creative writing workshop with best-selling Australian author Joy Rhoades, for new and experienced writers to plan a novel in three acts. 6pm Streatham Library. Booking essential 020 7926 6768 or email Clapham Library.
- 16 May Brixton Rising: New Voices in Fiction. Local fiction writers Michael Donkor, Sarah Perry and Zelda Rhiando discuss their work, how they got published and readers’ reaction. Brixton Library 7pm.
- 17 May The Brighton Mermaid with Dorothy Koomson. Dorothy’s latest novel The Brighton Mermaid (see book cover and auhor’s photo above) explores deadly secrets. Streatham Library 7pm. Booking essential.
- 1-31 May The Living Library Exhbition continues at Clapham Library/Clapham Omnibus
For more information
- Free booking for The Brighton Mermaid with Dorothy Koomson via Eventbrite
- For full details about this week’s events and what’s on in the month, pick up a copy of the guide (as shown right) from your local library, or visit Library Services’ information page about the festival and download it
- Email readers and writers festival
- Follow the readers and writers festival on Facebook or twitter