Age UK estimates that at least 25,000 older people in the UK die prematurely from cold weather-related illnesses each year, and therefore tries to ensure that all older people are as prepared as possible for the winter months.
Warm and well in Lambeth
Here at Age UK Lambeth, our Warm and Well campaign helps promote staying warm and healthy over the winter period. We have created a special Warm & Well pack that you can pick up from our office, some local surgeries and all Libraries in Lambeth. They include helpful leaflets on things like:
- Flu jabs! Don’t wait until you have the flu, call your doctors today or visit your local pharmacy
- Are you worried about heading out to do your food shopping in the cold weather? Then why not try MYshopping? The online service that brings your supermarket shop to your door.
- Need some more help and advice on staying warm this winter? Then take a look at Age UK’s free 24-page Winter Wrapped Up guide.
- If you are still worried about winter or if you just need that little bit of extra help with why not call our Safe & Independent Living (SAIL) team
Don’t forget we also offer free EON home energy checks. Our HandyFix team can come out and upgrade your home to make it feel warmer. Call 020 7346 6806
For more information
- For more about the Keep Warm Keep Well campaign See Age UK Lambeth’s information pages
- Age UK Lambeth Registered Office: Third Floor, 336 Brixton Road, London, SW9 7AA