The Beth Centre believes in the power of the peer to peer relationship. EPIC – Enabling Positive Individual Change – is a volunteer and peer mentoring scheme provided to Lambeth women. Working within an innovative service with females at the centre, peer mentors and volunteers will provide support to women residing in Lambeth who are currently involved or at risk of becoming involved with the criminal justice system. Volunteers and peer mentors will be committed to Enabling Positive Individual Change with women who are in contact with the service.
Can you be an EPIC peer mentor or volunteer?
- Yes, if you are a woman who has experienced the Criminal Justice System at some point in my life (not essential for Volunteers)
- Yes, if you can commit to a training programme (2- 3 hours per week) and be willing to work towards a qualification
- Yes, if you would like your own experiences to have a positive impact on empowering women currently involved in the criminal justice system
As an EPIC Peer Mentor or Volunteer you can expect to:
- Support women throughout all stages of the criminal justice system
- Provide emotional and practical support to service users
- Participate in a comprehensive training programme
- Be supported by a Single Point Of Contact at all stages as an EPIC Peer Mentor or Volunteer
- Volunteer within a unique environment committed to empowering women
- Be offered the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification
- Receive both one to one and group supervision to support your learning needs
- Be fully supported with any further future career paths you may wish to pursue
- Receive a personal reference
You do NOT need any previous experience of volunteering.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org