Are you aged 16-24 and interested in apprenticeships?
Following a major government reform on apprenticeships, Lambeth are proud to promote apprenticeships as a credible and alternative pathway for all young people aged 16-24. Entry to apprenticeships starts at Level 2 (equivalent to 5 GCSEs) Advanced (Level 3) and recent strengthening of Higher (Level 4) and Degree Apprenticeships ensure that all on the apprenticeship pathway have the opportunity to earn whilst learning (with no tuition fees –even at degree level!).
The Big Apprenticeship Day
All Lambeth young people aged 16-24 and their parents/carers are invited to the Big Apprenticeship Day on Saturday 25 June 2016 which is being jointly hosted by Lambeth Council and Lambeth College at Lambeth College’s Clapham Centre.
There are two parts to the Big Apprenticeship Day:
The Lambeth Apprentice Ambassadors Conference and Parent Briefing
This is a free conference for all young people aged 16-24 and their parents / carers featuring:
- Apprentice Ambassadors – current and former apprentices talking about their experiences.
- Everything you need to know about apprenticeships – how to apply, job sectors, levels and what you can earn.
- A panel of Parent Ambassadors – parents and carers of apprentices ready to answer your questions.
Live Apprenticeship Recruitment Event
- Receive impartial advice and guidance on your options and the apprenticeship recruitment process
- Meet with a range of employers with live apprenticeship vacancies from a variety of job sectors including business, hospitality, accounting, construction, health and social care and more
You can join us for both or either part of the Big Apprenticeship Day. Entry is free but please book to secure your place at the The Big Apprenticeship Day on Eventbrite.
Find out more
Lambeth Working is Lambeth Council’s job brokerage service that matches local people to employment and training opportunities. Please visit www.lambethworking.com if you are aged 16-24 and would like support to apply for an apprenticeship or you are an employer with a vacancy.
The Young Lambeth website has lots of information about traineeships and apprenticeships. Please visit http://younglambeth.org/young-peoples-zone/landing-pages/traineeships-and-apprenticeships.html