On Thursday 18 November Incredible Edible Lambeth host the 2021 Blooming Lambeth Awards on Zoom. We would love to see many Lambeth faces celebrating the brilliant gardeners and community green spaces in our borough.
There will be at least two cash prizes winning £75-£150 each in all eight categories. Winning gardens will receive lots of publicity and be awarded a certificate!
- Most imaginative growing space in public view– (a planter, a balcony, a hanging basket, an unusual container) – judged by a panel of Lambeth food growers
- Ivor Picardo Award for abundant growing of edibles– to commemorate the Council officer who did so much to get Lambeth on the food growing track
- Best school garden– growing food? Outdoor learning? A wildflower area? Tree and shrubs planted as barriers against pollution? Lambeth schools are doing all this and more…
- Most enthusiastic gardener (under 18)– This could be a young person getting involved at home or in their neighbourhood or at their school. Judged by a People’s Vote.
- Best volunteer for a community growing space– Young or old, we know so many people giving their time to make Lambeth’s community gardens run smoothly and effectively. The winners will be chosen by a people’s vote to show how you value them and to say ‘Thank you’.
- Best resident-led community garden– This category is judged by a panel of Lambeth food growers
- Best garden in bloom – Public or private space but must have a public facing view – eg front garden, therapeutic garden, parklet). This category is judged by a People’s Vote.
- Best space for encouraging biodiversity– A People’s Vote chooses winners on the grounds that pollinators love gardens where flowers that attract them grow, gardens can be a home for hedgehogs and beetles, or wildlife in that garden pond.
Attend the event
Book your free Eventbrite ticket now
More about Incredible Edible Lambeth
Incredible Edible Lambeth wants to create connected communities through the power of food. We aim to galvanise people and communities through growing and celebrating food. We want to encourage people to look at their local patch and see how they can transform it into a food growing space.
We want to support a local food economy that thrives, employs more local people and keeps money in Lambeth.
From plot to playground, Incredible Edible Lambeth brings learning to life; we want to teach young and old how to grow food