Closing date for applications to the current round of the Lambeth Community Fund is 20 December 2018. Grants between £500 and £10,000 are available for both new and existing projects lasting one year or less. Two-year grants (up to £20,000) may be awarded to projects with potential strategic impact.
Who can apply?
Community groups, registered charities, charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs), tenants and residents’ associations (TRAs), companies limited by guarantee, social enterprises or community interest companies (CICs) with an annual income of £250,000 or less. If your organisation’s income last year was over £250,000 you will not be eligible. This has changed since previous rounds
Do we have to be based in Lambeth?
No, but all projects must benefit Lambeth residents and most activities should take place within the borough.
What kind of project?
All applications must address at least one of four themes:
- Stronger Together – bringing together diverse parts of the community to celebrate being Lambeth residents. This encourages organisations to share, learn and grow together to create a strong and vibrant voluntary and community sector.
- Feeling Fine – focusing on the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of residents of all ages and backgrounds.
- Learning for Life – helping residents reach their full potential through the development of skills, knowledge and experience.
- On the Right Track – helping those with negative and harmful lifestyles to reconnect with their communities.
What funding is available?
We expect to have around £240,000 to fund projects. Most funding available is flexible. Your project may have a greater chance of success if (as well as the main themes) it will:
- Improve literacy amongst residents of all ages and backgrounds.
- Increase access to nature and the environment through neighbourhood greening.
- Benefit the Portuguese-speaking community, or
- Support NEET young people (not in education, employment or training) into education, training or apprenticeships.
For more information
The Community Fund is a charitable venture to support the borough today and long into the future, responding over time to the changing needs of local people. The fund focuses on improving the wellbeing and quality of life of Lambeth residents. ‘Wellbeing’ covers a range of components that an individual needs to live a full and well-rounded life.