There’s something for everyone this summer at Clapham Common Bandstand, from beatbox and urban to jazz and Afro-Cuban and classical and opera, with performances from traditional brass bands to up-and-coming singer-songwriters.
Free to all
All concerts are free to all. They are supported and funded by a grant from Lambeth Council.
June and July
The programme kicks off with the ever-popular Common People at 1pm on Saturday 25 May organised by Bandstand Beds. The music continues with concerts every weekend throughout June and July.
- Common People and Oxjam Clapham, the local chapter of Oxfam’s musical fundraiser, on Saturday 13 July, are multi-act concerts and run from 1pm to 4pm.
- There’s a double bill on Saturday 6 July with Junction Jazz, a Clapham-based group, and Beatbox Academy, following their successful show at Battersea Arts Centre in March and later at this year’s Edinburgh Fringe Festival, sharing the day from 12 noon until 4pm.
- Real Voices on Saturday 15 June comprises of local choirs from Battersea, Brixton, Clapham, Tooting and Vauxhall.
All other concerts start at 2pm and end at 4pm. Technical support is supplied by Clapham-based Omnibus Theatre.
2019 summer concerts full line-up
- Saturday 25 May – Common People – range of live music – 1pm to 4pm
- Saturday 1 June – South London Symphonic Winds – wind band – 2pm to 4pm
- Sunday 9 June – KIX Jazz Orchestra – jazz, swing and Latin – 2pm to 4pm
- Saturday 15 June – Real Voices – local choirs – 2pm to 4pm
- Saturday 22 June – South London Concert Band – 2pm to 4pm
- Saturday 29 June – Los Domingos – Latin – 2pm to 4pm
- Sunday 30 June – Lambeth Wind Orchestra – 2pm to 4pm
- Saturday 6 July – Junction Jazz – 12noon to 2pm
- Saturday 6 July – Beatbox Academy – 2pm to 4pm
- Sunday 7 July – Fuzion Four – Latin, jazz and classical influences – 2pm to 4pm
- Saturday 13 July – Oxjam Clapham – urban, pop and rock – 1pm to 4pm
- Sunday 14 July – Crystal Palace Band – traditional brass band – classic to pop – 2pm to 4pm
- Saturday 20 July – Here to Havana – Afro-Cuban – 2pm to 4pm
- Sunday 21st July – The Crooks Saxophone Quartet – 2pm to 4pm
- Sunday 28 July – London Consorts of Winds – Handel’s Fireworks and Water Music – 2pm to