Lambeth Housing recently updated their homeownership handbook, which offers guidance on the rights and responsibilities for homeowners in the borough. If you’re a Lambeth leaseholder, freeholder or are considering purchasing a Lambeth Council property then it’s important you check it out.
With approximately 10,000 council house homeowners in Lambeth, the handbook aims to ensure they have a clear understanding of what is required from both them and the council. The handbook provides lots of useful information to help guide homeowners or potential homeowners, including:
- What a lease and freehold transfer are and what they contain
- Who is responsible for repairs to your home
- What service charges are and how they are calculated
- How we let you know we are planning to carry out repairs to your building
- How to make claims under building insurance
- What to do if you want to alter, sublet or sell your property
For more information please check out the Lambeth Homeowners Handbook webpage.