An exciting Youth Engagement Programme
Fire Cadets is a free, nationally recognised programme offering young people between 14 and 17 the opportunity to gain a credible BTEC Level 2 Award in Fire and Rescue Services in the Community as well as develop their personal skills. It also provides opportunities for young people to engage with the local community by taking on social action projects. The programme is delivered by Volunteers from the local community and Operational London Fire Brigade staff.
Fire Cadet programme provides young people with the opportunities to:
- Enhance key citizenship skills and build confidence
- Develop transferable, practical skills for future training or employment
- Gain a nationally recognised BTEC qualification
- Play supportive roles in their local community and develop positive peer relationships
- Attend a local fire station one evening a week, work alongside LFB and community volunteers
- Work in partnership with other uniformed cadet organisations
- Represent London Fire Brigade at prestigious events
- Increase knowledge of community fire safety and empower them to educate family and friends
Help change a young person’s life
Fire Cadet programme can help young people to gain qualifications whilst learning valuable life skills. There are 16 places available on the programme starting in September so if you know young people aged 14–17 who would benefit from this opportunity please contact the London Fire Brigade using the details at the end of this article to make a referral.
The Fire Cadets programme is only possible because of our adult volunteers
Firefighters, non-operational Brigade staff and adults from the local community who are over 18 years old give up their personal time, and wide-ranging skills and experiences, to help support each cadet to achieve the best they can.
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to helping us one evening a week (every Tuesday from 5.45pm – 9:30pm) at Clapham Fire Station.
In return, you will have the opportunity to gain a range of transferable skills as well as having the chance to complete a number of accredited courses. Our volunteers don’t need to have experience of working with young people, just a passion for helping change a young person’s life for the better.
Find out more
If you would like more information about London Fire Cadets including how to join this programme as a cadet or as an adult volunteer please contact:
FIRE CADET CO-ORDINATOR , ANN-MARIE COPE-CHASE – email@example.com or on 07879 667 401