Lambeth’s 2021 festival is a month-long programme of inspirational events through May into early June. It gives young readers and writers the chance to hear from and meet authors.
Reading for Thursdays
- Thursday 6 May, 2 -3pm For Under 3s. Hear author/storyteller Chitra Soundar read from her beautifully illustrated books You’re Safe with Me and You’re Strong With Me, heart-warming stories for families with babies and young children, followed by songs and rhymes. After the session we’ll send Chitra’s books to attendees. In partnership with Lambeth Early Years Partnership (LEAP) and Lantana Publishing. Via Eventbrite:
- Thursday 13 May, 2pm New picture book Munchkin’s Adventures follows the imaginary adventures of Karen Farrell’s daughter Alice. The idea came from Karen wondering what adventures her little one got up to while her parents went about daily activities. Via Eventbrite
- Thursday 20 May, 2pm Over three decades Sandra Moodie has worked with schools, parents and families as a community leader and Children’s Centre Manager. In January 2020 she started sponsoring Aminata Jaru, a little girl in The Gambia, to provide her school essentials. During lockdown she wrote
Aminata and the Bag of Seeds to inspire her and her peers at Bojang Tamba School in a village called Lamin. Online Eventbrite
- Thursday 27 May, 2pm Author/illustrator of The Crocodile Who Couldn’t Swim Lee Attard is also founder of Toon World – an ever-growing selection of cartoon animal characters, bringing you a super fun collection of rhyming children’s books. Online Eventbrite
Saturday 29 May Elmer Day in all Lambeth Libraries. Help us spread the positivity of Elmer by getting your own free resources and join the online celebration. Contact your local library.
Word from the Cabinet
Cllr Sonia Winifred, Lambeth’s Cabinet Member for Equalities and Culture, said: “I am delighted to welcome you to the Lambeth Libraries Readers and Writers Festival. Since the first festival 17 years ago it has become a regular highlight in the Library calendar and goes from strength to strength. In 2021 we have another month of events to suit all tastes whether you enjoy reading, writing, discussion or simply sitting back and listening. Come and join us and express yourself! You’ll be amazed at the fun you can have in your local library.”
- For a full guide to every event throughout the month of May for young people and for everyone see the festival microsite.
- Unless otherwise stated please book by phoning the local library or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- For full details of readers & writers month contact your local library or email email@example.com.