They include a Lambeth Town Hall Remembrance Service and Wreath Laying Ceremony from 9am. The event will start with a procession from Windrush Square, outside Brixton Library, to Lambeth Town Hall from at 8.50am.
Cllr Ibrahim Dogus, Lambeth’s Deputy Mayor, will lead the Town Hall ceremony.
This year’s Remembrance Sunday will mark exactly one hundred years since the Armistice that ended the First World War.
Other public services taking place in Lambeth:
- Stockwell Memorial Gardens
(next to Stockwell Underground Station)
Time of arrival: 10.45am
- Albert Carr Gardens War Memorial, on the corner of the High Road and Streatham Common Northside, SW16 3HF
- Kennington Park War Memorial – a parade organised by the local Royal British Legion gathers at the junction of Braganza Street/Doddington Grove from where it proceeds at 10.35am, marching; passing Kennington Underground Station and onto Kennington Road to arrive at Kennington Park Memorial at 11am for the service and wreath laying.
- The S.O.E Agents Monument, Lambeth Palace Road, SE1
- The African Caribbean Memorial Statue, Windrush Square, Brixton, SW2 1EF
- Vincennes War Memorial, Vincennes Estate, Hamilton Road, SE27 9RX