Stockwell (Clock Tower) Memorial Gardens remembrance service and wreath laying ceremony – Sunday 12 November 2017
You are invited to join the Mayor Councillor Marcia Cameron at a public remembrance service and wreath laying ceremony on Sunday 12 November 2017 at Stockwell Memorial Gardens. The event is held to commemorate all those who were killed during the two World Wars and in other conflicts.
Following a 2 minutes silence at 11am; a short service will be conducted by the Rev Erica Wooff.
Stockwell Memorial Gardens (next to Stockwell underground station)
Clapham Road, SW9 9BE
Time of arrival: 10.45am
Other public services taking place in Lambeth:
- Albert Carr Gardens War Memorial, on the corner of the High Road and Streatham Common Northside, SW16: time: 10.30am
- Kennington Park War Memorial – a parade organised by the local Royal British Legion gathers at the junction of Braganza Street/Doddington Grove from where it proceeds at 10.35am, marching; passing Kennington Underground Station and onto Kennington Road to arrive at Kennington Park Memorial at 11am for the service and wreathlaying.
- The S.O.E Agents Monument, Lambeth Palace Road, SE1 (situated between Lambeth Palace and the River Thames): time: 10.40am
- The African Caribbean Memorial Statue, Windrush Square, Brixton, SW2 1EF (near to the Black Cultural Archives): time: 1.00pm
- Vincennes War Memorial, Hamilton Road, SE27: time: 3.00pm