- Book launches and author’s readings – true tales from LGBTQ+ history and award-winning fiction.
- Q&A sessions and big quizzes.
- First-time partnerships with Sheffield Libraries and AgeUK Lambeth
- Events for young readers including booklist challenges and Drag Queen Story Times – where imagination rules.
- Guest speakers invited by Lambeth Council’s LGBTQ+ staff Forum and Lambeth Public Health.
Word from the Cabinet
“I’m delighted to invite you to this year’s LGBTQ+ History Month. The theme is: Body, Mind, Spirit. Lambeth Libraries will host events including Q&As with authors, history talks and reading sessions for all ages that explore the contribution LGBTQ+ people have made to all our lives.
“Lambeth Libraries have co-ordinated this programme to give an insight into LGBTQ+ history, giving us all the opportunity to understand and challenge discrimination and promote equality, diversity and inclusion. The vibrancy of Lambeth is very well reflected in the diversity of our communities and our commitment to equality. I hope you will join us.”
Find and book your events
- Browse and book online events week by week, find events for Children and Teens, from a special Lambeth LGBTQ+ history month mini-website.
- You’ll find Lesbian Rom-Coms and a Brixton horror movie. Truth about writers resisting LGBT-Free Zones in Poland today, lawyers ending Homophobic Legislation in the Caribbean, and 1930s MPs warning Britain about Nazism’s rise? Inspirational autobiography from a stereotype-smashing musical icon and literary fiction about transgressive leather love? LGBTQ+ rights in the British Army and the ‘Third Sex’ in early 20th Century Berlin? Gay detective books and real disabled people’s lives people during Covid-19? Words and pictures from the archives of Pride, AIDS and more on the borough’s central role in modern LGBTQ+ history and a chance to meet a brand-new LGBT+ community forum for Lambeth.
- As well as all the month’s events with times and booking details for Eventbrite and podcasts, it lists contact details for Lambeth organisations who offer services for young people, healthcare, and LGBTQ+ rights.
- We are proud that Gay’s the Word are our official bookseller for LGBTQ+ History Month.
- Lambeth Libraries hold collections of the best LGBT+ literature and non-fiction. During February our libraries will promote some of the latest books and classics. Membership is free and there’s a world to read… check out details of how to the Library catalogue.