There’s something for young people to do to build a healthy lifestyle every day in Lambeth’s leisure centres this half term. Swimming, skating, or learning either, or learning how to get fit using gym equipment – it’s all in Lambeth’s leisure centres Monday 31 May to Sunday 6 June.
A structured, specifically catered introduction to the gym. Our Level Two Qualified Fitness instructors will give 11-15 year olds a programme to meet their individual goals, including learning how to use cardiovascular and core strength equipment. Book here online or download our BETTER app on your smartphone.
Swim For All
No matter your fitness , ‘Swim for All’ sessions are perfect if you’re looking to build your confidence, work on strokes, float away stress, or simply enjoy a casual swim with family and friends. ‘Swim for All’ sessions are suitable for all ages, in Teaching Pools and Mail pools across Lambeth. Book here through our casual tickets section or download our BETTER app on your smartphone.
Swim School Crash Courses – Foundation
Our Foundation lessons are for children 4 years and over. Teaching the essential swimming skills to ensure they learn to be safe in and around water. These courses cover basic techniques for all 4 strokes if you’re a beginner or improving. Book online.
Ice Skating – Streatham Ice and Leisure Centre only
Whether you are a superstar on ice or just finding your feet, there’s a session for you and the whole family. Skate hire, penguins and snowmen skating aids are available to hire. All under 8s MUST be accompanied by a skating adult. Book here through our casual tickets section or download our BETTER app on your smartphone.
- Covid-19 safety measures
- As changing rooms and showers are limited, we’re asking everyone to come ‘pool ready’ with their swimming gear on under their clothes and having showered at home.
- Swimming pools will have:
- No more than 10 swimmers in each lane of a 25-metre pool.
- Double-width lanes so you can keep to a safe distance.
- Chlorine disinfectant in the water management systems, which complies with the government’s regulations to disinfect pathogens, including viruses.
- Please show caution when overtaking and maintain social distancing in the pool.
- Visit the leisure centre as many times as you like with our pay monthly or pay and play options.
- Check out what classes and sessions are available every day at your local Better Leisure Centre