Your new 24-page Lambeth Talk magazine for June 2023 features updates on the Council’s plans to support people facing the cost of living crisis, plus news and updates from Lambeth Council and the community.
Your news and features include:
- Introduction from Cllr Claire Holland, Leader of Lambeth Council, including an update on the Council’s additional funding to meet the cost of living crisis as well as the month’s celebrations.
- News pages including Lambeth’s first time officially marching for LGBTQ+ Pride; the Council extending food waste recycling to estates; new emissions-based parking charges; celebrating the people of Lambeth who have weliomed Ukrainians into their home; the launch of the Lambeth 2030 Borough Plan; and advice on Voter ID for future elections.
- Profile of Lambeth’s newly appointed Mayor, Cllr. Sarbaz Barzyi.
- Celebrating the arrival of Caribbean Culture in London with events to mark the 75th anniversary of the landing of the Empire Windrush.
- Details of Lambeth Country Show in Brockwell Park including new attractions this year, and details of musical acts on the main stage on Saturday and Reggae Sunday.
- Active Lambeth’s summer programme of swim schools, gym clubs, skating sessions and more for all ages in fitness centres.
- Advice on fostering, blood pressure testing and Carers Week.
Get your copy of Lambeth Talk
- Your new Lambeth Talk will be distributed free by post to every household and business in the borough, with deliveries from the first week of June.
- Or you can read/download it from Lambeth’s website