Ceremonies will be held across the country as the UK honours the service and sacrifice of our Armed Forces community, the British and Commonwealth veterans, the Allies that fought alongside us and the civilian servicemen and women involved in the two World Wars and later conflicts.
The details are as follows:
- Lambeth Town Hall, Brixton Hill, SW2 1RW
Meeting outside Brixton Tate Library and processing to the Town Hall
- Stockwell (Clock) War Memorial Gardens – next to Stockwell Underground Station, Clapham Road, SW9 9BE
Time of arrival: 10.45am
- Albert Carr Gardens War Memorial, on the corner of the High Road and Streatham Common Northside, SW16 3HF
- Kennington Park War Memorial
A parade organised by the local Royal British Legion gathers at the junction of Braganza Street/Doddington Grove from where it proceeds at 10.35am, marching; passing Kennington Underground Station and onto Kennington Road to arrive at Kennington Park Memorial at 11am for the service and wreath laying.
- The S.O.E Agents Monument, Lambeth Palace Road, SE1 (Between Lambeth Palace and the River Thames)
- The African Caribbean Memorial Statue, Windrush Square, Brixton, SW2 1EF (next to the Black Cultural Archives)
- Vincennes War Memorial, Vincennes Estate, Hamilton Road, SE27 9RX
(Gipsy Hill Ward)