- 1 can of kidney beans
- 3 cups of water
- ½ Onion
- 1 tbsp coconut powder
- ½ Green pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Spring onion
- Fresh thyme
- 1 Tsp Low-salt all-purpose seasoning
- 1 unbroken scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
1. Add kidney beans (including the liquid) and 3 cups of water to a large saucepan and place on medium heat
2. Add onion, coconut powder, green and red pepper, garlic, spring onion, thyme, seasoning and a whole unbroken scotch bonnet pepper to the saucepan and simmer for 7 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, rinse the rice in a sieve until the water runs clear
4. Remove the scotch bonnet pepper from the mixture and leave to simmer until the rice is cooked.
The Small Change, Big Difference campaign shows that simple ideas and small changes can reduce the environmental impact of the food we eat, as well as save us money and make us healthier.