Lambeth Council has declared a climate emergency. Climate change is a global challenge, but we need to act locally to take action to reduce emissions.
The council is working in partnership with the Mayor of London, and independent experts iChoosr, to promote the Solar Together programme which aims to make the transition to clean energy as cost-effective and hassle-free as possible.
How can Solar Together benefit you?
Solar Together is a group buying scheme, which offers domestic solar panels with optional battery storage as well as retrofit battery storage for residents who have already invested in solar panels.
By joining forces, residents can benefit from competitive prices which are determined through a supplier auction. iChoosr will be there to help throughout the process, so it’s safe, less cost and less hassle to you.
From 15 February, Lambeth residents can register interest in the scheme. It is free to register and there is no obligation to go ahead with an installation.
We recognise Lambeth residents’ determination to be part of the solution to climate change. Not only can you reduce your carbon emissions by installing solar, but you can also increase your independence from the grid by generating your own renewable electricity. Battery storage allows you to store excess energy and use it outside of daylight hours.
How does it work?
- From 15 February: Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in an auction on 23 March. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration makes it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations.
- After the auction, registered households will receive a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Any more questions? Visit www.solartogether.co.uk/Lambeth to register your interest, or call 0800 060 8509.