The popular library will re-open with a brand new fully accessible entrance situated on Pinfold Road. This new glass atrium has been built to provide lift access to both the library floors and the new community centre.
- Improved facilities, including more books, computers and self-service machines.
- A more welcoming space to sit and work or read in. The reading hall has been transformed to uncover its original features and the reading garden has been refurbished.
- New read-aloud and magnification technology to help people who are dyslexic, blind or visually impaired to have better access to the resources on offer.
- Community meeting rooms and hot desk space for local business people.
- Cultural and community centre.
Introducing The Mark Bennett Streatham Centre
A new cultural and community centre available for hire, that will host a range of community activities including exhibitions, plays, music, meetings, clubs and classes.