How do you know if you’re in an abusive relationship?
Does your partner?
• Put you down in front of other people, criticise you or undermine your abilities?
• Use your money, make financial decisions without your consent, provide an unreasonable allowance or monitor your spending?
• Blame you for how they act, saying you make them behave the way they do?
• Monitor your activities such as following you, telling you what you can do, who you are allowed to spend time with, speak to or contact?
• Destroy your possessions, push you, punch walls, hit you and threaten to kill or harm you and/or the children.
These are just some of the signs of a violent and abusive relationship.
Where can you get help and support?
If you recognise these signs, remember you are not alone and support is available to help you stay safe. The Lambeth Gaia Centre provides free one-to-one confidential and bespoke support services for females (aged 14+) and males (aged 16+) who live in Lambeth and who have experienced or who may be at risk of gender based violence, including: domestic, sexual, financial and emotional abuse, stalking, prostitution, female genital mutilation, forced marriage, ‘honour’ based violence and trafficking.
020 7733 8724
If you are worried about your behaviour towards your partner you can call Respect free on 0808 802 4040.
Remember in an emergency, call the police on 999.