Interim Chief Executive of Lambeth Council Andrew Travers says: “Since the first Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival 15 years ago it has become a regular highlight and goes from strength to strength. This year’s highlights include award-winning adult and children’s authors, creative writing classes, poetry to listen to, engage with and perform yourself, historical talks, music with a literary leaning and more. Come and join us and express yourself!”
What’s on 14 May to 20 May
- 15 May Creative writing workshop with best-selling Australian author Joy Rhoades, for new and experienced writers to plan a novel in three acts. 6pm Streatham Library. Booking essential 020 7926 6768 or email Clapham Library.
- 16 May Brixton Rising: New Voices in Fiction. Local fiction writers Michael Donkor, Sarah Perry and Zelda Rhiando discuss their work, how they got published and readers’ reaction. Brixton Library 7pm.
- 17 May The Brighton Mermaid with Dorothy Koomson. Dorothy’s latest novel The Brighton Mermaid (see book cover and auhor’s photo above) explores deadly secrets. Streatham Library 7pm. Booking essential.
- 1-31 May The Living Library Exhbition continues at Clapham Library/Clapham Omnibus
For more information
- Free booking for The Brighton Mermaid with Dorothy Koomson via Eventbrite
- For full details about this week’s events and what’s on in the month, pick up a copy of the guide (as shown right) from your local library, or visit Library Services’ information page about the festival and download it
- Email readers and writers festival
- Follow the readers and writers festival on Facebook or twitter