The Rastafari movement will be holding its annual free community day at Kennington Park, on Saturday 5 August 2017 from 10am till 7pm.
Health and Wellbeing Zone
The free community day features activities and workshops such as:
- Roots Aerobic Sessions
- Family sports day
- Football, Netball
- Traditional Family Games fun
- Advice and guidance on physical and mental wellbeing
- Community advice
Market and Stalls
This year we are supporting It’s Your Local Market and there will be plenty of stalls, including a:
- fantastic array of Hand Made cultural arts and crafts
- mouthwatering range of Traditional African and Caribbean Cuisine
- Rastafari Ital
- vegan food
- natural juices and so much more!
Music, entertainment and education:
Our main stage will host an extravagant intergenerational array of local performers, poets, dancers and speakers:
- Our Lion’s Den will host an acoustic masterclass of Rastafari drummers and singers.
- Local Rastafari history and artifacts
- Rastafari way of holistic and healthy living
- Traditional African games
- African dance
- Djembe drumming
Find out more
For more information on the event, stalls or sponsorship, please contact the Rastafari movement on 07769 813 799 or email Rastafarimovementuk@yahoo.co.uk.