Better Boilers has given hundreds of London homeowners average energy bill savings of around £150 per household, among other benefits such as a reduced risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and improved local air quality.
Can I apply?
To apply for a Better Boiler you must:
- be a homeowner in London
- be on benefits – Pension Credit, Child Tax Credit (with an income of £16,010 or less), Working Tax Credit (with an income of £16,010 or less), Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit (and you earned £1,250 or less after tax in any assessment period in the last 12 months)
- have an inefficient or broken boiler. The main boiler used to heat your home and must be running at below 85% efficiency. Typically, boilers older than 10 years are less efficient.
What happens next?
- You check your boiler and benefit details
- Apply online
- The London Assembly check your details, including checking Land Registry and Department for Work and Pensions benefit records.
- If you qualify for a Better Boiler, they make an appointment
- … and replace or repair your boiler for free with a high efficiency, ultra-low NOx condensing boiler.
First come, first served
The Better Boilers scheme is first come, first served, so they cannot guarantee you will still qualify for the offer if you don’t apply as soon as possible.
What customers say
“I’m relieved that I have a more efficient boiler that will eventually mean a lower cost in my bills. The new boiler has meant we can wake up in the morning and ensure we have hot water and heating, whereas before it was a bit of a lottery.” – Sam, Orpington
For more information
- View the full details of the Better Boilers Scheme.
- Check your boiler’s efficiency rating online
- For real-life testimonials from homeowners across London, see the Better Boilers video on YouTube
- If you can’t apply online phone 0808 108 9414.
- See Better Boilers’ Frequently asked questions page and the terms and conditions for the scheme.
- For information about other ways to make your home more energy efficient and to reduce your fuel bills, please go to the Energy Saving Trust website and the London Fuel Poverty Hub website.
- If you don’t qualify for the Better Boilers scheme or would like support with insulation, reducing your energy bills or debt to your energy supplier contact the Seasonal Health Intervention Network (SHINE) London on 0300 555 0195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.