Despite the limitations that lockdown has brought to all our lives, Incredible Edible Lambeth and Lambeth Council want to highlight and celebrate the amazing growers around the borough.
We’ve changed the six Awards categories to reflect different circumstances – but hope there’s still something for everyone. We especially want to recognise that people are sharing and looking out for one another and growing food in spaces large and small.
Prizes and prizewinning
Blooming Lambeth offers £150 First Prizes and £75 Highly Commended prizes in six categories to recognise these amazing projects. So, please let’s have your nominations for 2020’s Blooming Lambeth Awards.
- All nominations must be received online by 31August 2020
- You can nominate yourself or another garden but please do not ask multiple people to nominate you, as the amount of times you are nominated doesn’t influence the voting.
- Nominations must include: the name/description of the project, location (including postcode), a contact name and email, 3-5 really good photographs (or videos, depending on the category) and an explanation of why the garden/project has been nominated (forms are all online)
- Full details of the six categories and how to nominate can be found on the IEL website
- All entries must be in by 31 August 2020.
- Details of last year’s winners can be found on the IEL website.
- Winners will be announced at the Blooming Lambeth Awards celebration evening (virtual or real!) in October. We receive financial support from Lambeth Council
Incredible Edible Lambeth
Incredible Edible Lambeth is a network of around 100 group members – mostly community gardeners – and 400 individual members – food growers, food entrepreneurs and food activists, all working to improve our communities. IEL exists to re-localise the food system in Lambeth so that it nurtures us and strengthens our communities. This is the fourth year that Incredible Edible Lambeth has run this event. A map of IEL member growing projects is online.