Things change – so let us know!

6 March 2018

Written by: Lambeth Benefits Service

Better Lambeth - Council statements and updates - Jobs and skills - News and announcements

Things change in our lives; whether it’s a new or second job, a place at college, or a new addition to the family.  If you’re receiving help with housing benefit or council tax it’s important that you tell us when your circumstances change.

Main post content

Things change – so let us know!

Changes in your personal circumstances include:

  • your address
  • your pension credit, employment and support allowance, income support or job seeker’s allowance stopping
  • changes in your income or savings
  • changes to the amount of rent you pay
  • changes to the people living with you

The easiest way to report any changes to us is online at

You’ll find everything you need to help you here.  It’s quick, easy and we can often process your changes immediately, without needing any additional evidence.

If we do need additional evidence, we can accept a good quality photo, which can be uploaded via our website form – evidence for a housing benefit claim or change in.