Free advice in GP Surgeries

12 October 2016

Written by: Neighbourhoods and Growth

Better Lambeth - Council statements and updates - Housing and planning - Jobs and skills

If you have problems with:

  • Welfare benefits
  • Debt
  • Housing
  • Employment

One Lambeth Advice – Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth (CAML) provides a free confidential and independent advice service delivered by trained advisers.

Main post content

Free advice in GP Surgeries

Advisers can also help you work out what you need to do next. They may explain information to you, point you in the direction of another service or arrange an appointment for further advice with Lambeth Advice Network (LAN) or with the Council’s Every Pound Counts service.

Advisers can even refer you for help on a wide range of other issues.

How can I access this advice?

  • Contact One Lambeth Advice directly to book an appointment with an adviser.
    Call the freephone number 0800 254 0298 for further information.
  • Appointment at your local GP practice or GP referral (see below)

If you are a registered patient of one of the practices below, you can speak to your GP on any welfare issues that are affecting you and your GP can refer you.

The practices offering appointments with advisers are:

Beckett House Practice Grantham Road, London SW9 9DL
Brixton Hill Group Practice 22 Raleigh Gardens, Brixton Hill, London SW2 1AE
Hetherington Group Practice 18 Hetherington Road, London SW4 7NU
Lambeth Walk Group Practice 5 Lambeth Walk, London SE11 6SP
Mawbey Group Practice 39 Wilcox Close, London SW8 2UD
Myatt’s Field Health Practice 60 Patmos Road, London SW9 6SE
Paxton Green Health Centre 1 Alleyn Park, London SE21 8AU
Stockwell Group Practice 107 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9TJ


You can also make your own appointment by calling the receptionist at the surgery during practice opening hours. The adviser will see patients by appointment at the designated GP Surgery.


2 Thoughts on “Free advice in GP Surgeries

  1. annete says:

    Can someone advise me on housing as i was evicted from my home in March because the landlord wanted back his property and was placed in a temporary accomodation prior to all of that i was bidding on a 3 bedroom property for myself my foster child and my daughter who is my back up carer for my foster child. The property i am now in is temporary however i have been asking to start bidding again but they want me to bud on a 2 bed i have written emails and letter to the housing manager however no reply. Can you advise me as to what to do in this situation. Thank you

Comments are closed.