Today was an attack on our democracy, but together we will not let the terrorists use fear to divide us nor will we let them succeed.
Our Lambeth community, and all Londoners, will have been shocked by the scenes from Westminster. Our thoughts are with the victims and their families.
We thank Lambeth police and the Metropolitan police for their swift response and utmost professionalism to keep us safe, and regretfully mourn the loss of their heroic colleague, PC Keith Palmer.
The council and partner agencies are supporting the police to ensure we continue with our daily lives in safety. We ask everyone to remain calm and vigilant of any suspicious activity. If you have any information in relation to this incident please call 0800 789 321.
Again, we ask everyone to stand united against those who seek to sow fear and hatred among us.
- Cllr Mohammed Seedat, Lambeth’s Cabinet Member for Healthier & Stronger Communities
- Cllr Lib Peck, Lambeth Council leader
- Streatham MP Chuka Umunna
- Dulwich and West Norwood MP Helen Hayes
- Lambeth & Southwark London Assembly Member Florence Eshalomi
- Cllr Saleha Jaffer, Mayor of Lambeth
- Nick Mason, Chair of Lambeth Safer Neighbourhood Board and IAG
- Dr Mahamed Hashi, Chair of Pan-London Stop & Search Community Monitoring Network
- Ven. George Ansah, Chair of Faiths Together in Lambeth