Home contents insurance may seem complicated, and many people think they cannot afford it. But Lambeth Council have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Allianz Insurance plc to offer our tenants and leaseholders the chance to insure their home contents and belongings through the Crystal Insurance Scheme.
Resilience and responsibility
The Council are not responsible for your home contents and belongings, this is your responsibility. You should protect your home contents and belongings, things like, clothes, furniture, TV’s, carpets even your jewellery.
What does the insurance policy cover?
The Crystal Insurance Scheme covers your home contents against, fire, theft, flood, water damage and much more. Limits and exclusions apply, a full policy wording is available on request.
Key benefits of our home contents cover offer
- All tenants and leaseholders are eligible to apply
- Low Sums insured – so you aren’t paying for cover you don’t need
- You can pay fortnightly or monthly by cash at a payzone or post office, monthly by direct debit or annually by cheque, debit/credit card
- There’s no Excess to pay if you make a claim
- No minimum security requirements (you don’t need special door or window locks)
- Optional extensions are available for an additional premium, such as:
- Personal possessions (cover for items away from the home)
- Wheelchairs and Mobility Scooters
- Hearing Aids
- Structure cover for sheds, garages and greenhouses
Find out more
To find out more ask your housing officer for an application pack, or call Crystal Insurance Scheme on 0345 450 7286 or visit www.crystal-insurance.co.uk, where you can request a call back!