Team Lambeth – the borough’s young athletes who take part in the London Youth Games – are joining the search for sports coaches/PE teachers to join a city-wide inclusive training programme for disabled athletes.
At London Youth Games our vision is to create the world’s largest and most inclusive city-focused Youth Games that is accessible to all. Together with Nike, we have developed the LYG Inclusive Coaches Project, a free coaching programme designed to give coaches the confidence and competence to include young disabled athletes in their Athletics sessions.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who want to make a difference to young Londoners lives through sport. The project is open to coaches or PE teachers with relevant qualifications who want to develop their ability to coach inclusively. Or aspiring coaches with experience of working with disabled young people who want to obtain their qualifications.
What does the project involve?
This project will enable you to become an Athletics coach and learn good practice related to the inclusion of young disabled athletes in your sessions. The LYG Inclusive Coaches Project will offer:
- A first-class mentoring programme delivered by expert Athletics coaches experienced in coaching disabled young people in London
- A British Athletics coaching qualification
- Attendance at Activity Alliance’s Inclusive Activity Programme to build your confidence and skills in working with disabled young people
How long is the course?
The project will run from March until July with the aim of coaching young people to compete at LYG Para Games Athletics events and other inclusive and integrated Athletics opportunities.
During this project you will commit to coaching for 15 hours alongside your mentor and an additional 30 hours at a London Athletics club. You will work with London Youth Games to attract new young Londoners into the world of Athletics.
- Applications are open now until 26th February. We will be in touch with everyone who applies by 3rd March.
- You will need to fill out a short application form.
- If you have any questions please email Pia Davies: email@example.com