The grant we receive from central government has been reducing since 2015/16 and will, by the end of the 2019/20 financial year, have been reduced by over £5m. This cut from central Government comes at a time when the population of the borough is growing and health needs and rates of certain diseases are increasing.
Additionally, as a result of other reductions in funding from central Government, we will have to find £55m worth of savings between now and 2020 just to balance our budget.
To meet this challenge we have focused on delivering our Health and Wellbeing Strategy priorities and identified with partners £7-8m savings by redesigning services and being more efficient in the way we meet service user needs.
Join the conversation
This consultation is open to everyone who lives, works or studies in Lambeth. Tell us what you think about our proposals by:
- Completing our online questionnaire https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=148050249890
To find out more:
- Read our Consultation Document
- Come along to a drop-in event from 6pm to 30pm on December 7that We Are 336, 336 Brixton Road, SW9 7AA. Light refreshments will be available between 5:30 – 6pm.
Book your place via this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/consultation-on-public-health- services-public-meeting-7th-decemer-2016-tickets-29743404323
Alternatively, to find out more and join the conversation:
- Visit – https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/consultations/proposed-changes-to-public-health-services-in- lambeth or Facebook page
- Post: Consultation on Public Health Services Public Health Commissioning Team Children, Adults and Health Directorate Lambeth Borough of Lambeth
3rd Floor, Phoenix House, 10 Wandsworth Road, London SW8 2LL
Lambeth council has set out plans for the latest budget savings – find out more at http://lambeth.gov.uk/toughchoices
Take part anytime up 12th January 2017.