In a phased opening, the Better Leisure Centre will be the first to open its doors, with the health services and customer service centre welcoming clients later in the summer.
The leisure centre will house a 100-station fully equipped state of the art gym, group exercise studio and a 25m swimming pool.
Details of the leisure opening and programme are as follows:
- Gym: The gym is opening on Monday 28 July at 6.30am. The facility can be used Monday to Friday to 10pm and Saturday and Sunday 8am to 6pm.
- Group exercise classes: Classes can be booked from Monday 28 July for the programme commencing Monday 4 August. You will be able to view and book classes online at www.better.org.uk/leisure/west-norwood-health-and-leisure-centre
- Swimming pool: The swimming pool will be available for public access from Monday 28 July between 12 to 8pm Monday to Friday and Saturday and Sunday 10am to 3pm, with full opening times are available online. After the initial 2 week period, the pool will revert to standard opening times (Monday to Thursday 6.30am to 10pm, Friday 6.30am to 7pm, Sat and Sun 8am to 6pm).
- Swimming lessons: Swimming lessons will commence from Friday 1 August.
West Norwood Leisure centre is the third leisure centre to be opened by Lambeth Council in the past three years (following on from Clapham and Streatham) and is part of the bigger West Norwood Health and Leisure Centre. An integrated centre for health and wellbeing, its the first time joint health and leisure facilities have come together in the area.
As well as the leisure centre, once fully open, the centre will be home to:
- Community Health Services
- Knight’s Hill GP Surgery
- Maurice Wohl Dental Academy (part of Kings College London Dental Institute)
- Lambeth Council Customer Centre
- Plus a community space for hire and an outside play area for children.
You can find the centre at 25 Devane Way, West Norwood, SE27 0DF
Visit www.better.org.uk.westnorwood for membership details.