Interim Chief Executive of Lambeth Council Andrew Travers says: “Since the first Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival 15 years ago it has become a regular highlight and goes from strength to strength. This year’s highlights include award-winning adult and children’s authors, creative writing classes, poetry to listen to, engage with and perform yourself, historical talks, music with a literary leaning and more. Come and join us and express yourself!”
What’s on 7 May to 13 May
- 9 May Albania to Zanzibar: the Oval Cookbook collects recipes by people from 31 countries who live or work in Oval. Hear some of their their stories. Tate South Lambeth Library 7pm
- 12 May Clapham Book Festival. Margaret Drabble and Deborah Moggach headline, but the day includes includes poetry, crimewriting, history, children’s writing and advice on getting your work published. Omnibus Art Centre £15 or £10 (concessions £12 or £8)
- 12 May Polish Women in History, with a panel including a historian, a novelist, a researcher and literary translators to talk about women’s writing about history. Clapham Library 2pm to 5pm.
- All month (1 -31 May) Living Library Exhibition Clapham Library/Clapham Omnibus
For more information
- For full details about this week’s events and what’s on later in the month, pick up a copy of the guide (as shown right) from your local library, or visit Library Services’ information page about the festival and download it.
- Email readers and writers festival
- Follow the readers and writers festival on Facebook or twitter
- For details of Clapham Book Festival see their information pages. To book tickets contact Omnibus Clapham online or box office 020 7498 4699.