Thinking of giving cycling a go? Want to rent a bike for your kids, have a go on an electric bike or even travel as a family on a cargo bike!? Try Before You Bike is for YOU!
- Trial a new or nearly new bike for a monthly fee from £10 for kids / £20 for adults / £20 for folding / £50 for electric / £100 for cargo and adaptive bikes.
- Bikes delivered to your door with a free cycle skills session to increase your confidence.
- If you like the bike, buy it at a discounted price or pay monthly.
- Range of bikes to try with a helpful guide to selecting the right one for you.
- All bikes come with lights, lock and helmet and you can add any other accessories you need.
- Maintenance and theft cover available for peace of mind.
- Free delivery and collection. No deposit, interest or cancellation fees.
- “I was so pleased about Try-Before-You-Bike as it’s been a long time for me and cycling. It boosted my confidence from 0 to 100 real quick.” – Ohnecia
- “A fantastic experience! We could get around central London (and more!), without public transport. We discovered fabulous routes along the Thames, and wonderful London parks – with Battersea becoming a favourite. My wife was very sceptical, but with the easy-to-use e-bikes, she discovered a new passion at 69 years of age!” – Giorgio
- “After unsuccessfully trying to learn on our own bike, our son is off to a flying start on his lightweight Cuda bike – great for his balance and confidence. Very grateful that a parent at school told us about this great value scheme!” – Nkwa
- “We trialled the Babboe mountain bike for three months. We needed to be sure It could cope with the hills for our 14-mile round trip commute to school in all weathers. I’m happy to say thanks to the trial we’re absolutely sure. It’s also given us a bit of time to save up. PeddleMyWheels have been super helpful, coming over to change a flat tyre and fix a frozen lock in no time – so friendly and such a brilliant initiative.” – Louise
Sign up with Peddle My Wheels who run the programme on behalf of Lambeth Council.