24 young people will receive training and support to find work in the sector. Training will also be available for a larger group of young people who are interested in bikes but aren’t looking for a career in this sector.
What training is on offer?
There are 3 levels of training available:
- Foundation Training – 1 day
- This is a hands on introduction to bike mechanics
- Advanced Training – 2 days
- Build on the Foundation day and included 1 day bike mechanic training and 1 day personal development and life-skills training
- Level 2 City and Guilds Certificate in Cycle Mechanics – 17 days (AKA The Full Monty)
- 15 days hands on training in a fully equipped workshop, plus 2 days of personal development training around how you can develop a mindset for success.
- Professional qualification (normally costing over £1000) to get you started in your career as a bike mechanic
- Support with action planning and helping you to find work placements when you qualify
Who Should Apply?
- Young people age 16 – 24
- Residents of the London Borough of Lambeth
- Currently not in Education, Employment or Training
- Passionate about bikes and/or bicycle maintenance
- Interested in a career in the bike sector, either as a mechanic or starting your own bike repair business
- Strong desire to develop yourself, gain new skills and build on existing ones
If you would like to apply for one of the courses you can fill in the online application form. If you’d like to find out more please contact Hilary on 020 8133 3728, email her on email@example.com or text her on 07800 005 606.
Further information can be found at www.bikemechanix.com