School Ground Sounds have another Grit School Programme coming up in June and are recruiting Lambeth’s young aspiring musicians, artists and those who want to work behind the scenes of the music industry.
Creative development and business skills
The Grit School is a seven-week music industry and artist-development programme funded by Youth Music. It is aimed at aspiring creatives (aged 16-24) from South London who are not in education, employment or training. The programme gives insights into an ever-changing industry, building creative and business skills whilst connecting young people to a professional network, shaping the next generation of the music industry.
Who can apply
- South London based 16-24 year olds
- Those who are not in education, employment or training
- Musicians, artists and producers
- Aspiring music industry professionals
What’s on offer
- Creative Master classes
- Music Industry Seminars
- Free Studio and Rehearsal time
- A network of industry professionals and like-minded young people.
- A chance to perform at our Grit School live showcase at the end of the seven weeks.
Be part of the programme
- The Grit school will run from 7 June till 23 July 2021 at Raw Material and onlinDeadline for applications is Friday 21 May. Sign up – or refer a young person – online.
- Deadline for applications is Friday 21 May. Sign up – or refer a young person – online.
- For more from School Ground Sounds see their website
- For more about Grit School, including video from 2020’s online only programme and another way to apply see their website
- For more from Youth Music, including podcasts, see online
- For more on Raw Material see their website