Change your world with Crowdfunder
Sign up for a training day about Crowdfunding and how it can help you turn ideas into reality.
Crowdfunder, Lambeth Council, and groups and organisations across the borough are already working together to help turn local people’s ideas into reality. And we want to do more. It’s all part of making Lambeth a unique place to live, work, learn and do business.
Learn about crowdfunding
We’re running a workshop on Tuesday 27 February with Lambeth Council. This will be an introductory session for anyone who wants to find out more about this method of fundraising and the potential uses for local projects. We will also talk about the match funding available for projects in Lambeth via Crowdfunder and how you can access it.
What is Crowdfunder?
Crowdfunder is a community of over 600,000 people funding the change they want to see. Together we have funded business ideas, charities, community groups, sports clubs, political movements and much more. We believe that people should be empowered to turn their ideas into reality, and by unlocking funding from the crowd we can unlock a beautiful future.
In Lambeth, Crowdfunding is helping groups who support children, young adults and adults to be part of the wider community, such as:
- Healthy Living Club – Dementia Focused Community
- We rise – changing lives for young employees
- Brixton Topcats Basketball Club
Word from the Cabinet
Cllr Matthew Bennett, Lambeth Council Cabinet Member for Planning, Regeneration and Jobs, said: “Our partnership with Crowdfunder is a guarantee that we are using our resources to support new ideas that come directly from community need. Projects that people invest their own money, time, and energy in have a solid foundation for sustainability.
Working with the local Plans
Lambeth is launching a Crowdfunder platform which will support new community projects and initiatives. Funding will come from a ‘developer tax’ called the Commnunity Infrastructure Levy which the Council levies on new developments in the borough. The projects will need to support priorities set out by local people in the Cooperative Local Investment Plans (CLIPs)
For more information
- To find out more about present and planned Crowdfund Lambeth projects to bring the community together see their information pages
- Use the Crowdfunder tool to find out which ward you are in and check the funding criteria to see if your project could be eligible for up to or £1,250 or 25% of your funding target.
- Sign up via Eventbrite to join us at the Crowdfund Lambeth Workshop on Tuesday 27th February at Lambeth Town Hall
- For more information about CLIPS email firstname.lastname@example.org