Our latest five apprenticeship vacancies are open for applications and we would love to see all of them filled by our talented residents.
Here are the vacancies, the closing dates and links to how to apply. Remember you’ll need to be registered on the National Apprenticeship Service website to apply.
- Apprentice Premises Assistant: A 12 month, level 2 apprenticeship at Hitherfield Primary School, closing date Friday 30 May
- Apprentice Premises Assistant: A 12 month, level 1 apprenticeship at Bishop Thomas RC School, closing date Monday 2 June
- 2 x Resource Consultant Apprentice: Two 12 month, level 2 apprenticeships with Contracts IT Ltd, closing date Monday 30 June
- 2 x Young Lambeth Cooperative Apprenticeships: details coming soon
Need some help with your application?
If you’re a Lambeth resident and interested in one of the roles we can support you your application. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Is an apprenticeship right for me?
As an apprentice you can get a nationally recognised qualification and valuable on-the-job experience whilst being paid. There are apprenticeship schemes available in more than 170 industries and for more than 1500 job roles, from advertising to youth work.
Apprentices usually go to college for one day per week and learn on the job for four days per week, although this can vary. There are three levels of apprenticeship:
- 1 – Intermediate Level Apprenticeships
- 2 – Advanced Level Apprenticeships
- 3 – Higher Apprenticeships – is the equivalent to a degree.
If you are 16-18, the full cost of your training is paid for by the government. Age 19-23, up to half the cost of course fees are paid for by the government and the rest is met by your employer. If you’re 24 or above a contribution towards fees is available
The National Apprenticeship Service is the key organisation for information, resources and access to live apprenticeship opportunities. There are up to 17,000 vacancies advertised and you will need to register with them before applying.