Brixton-based community organisation Respeito, who work to reduce domestic violence in Lambeth’s Portuguese-speaking community, asked for translations of key information from the special coronavirus crisis edition of ‘Lambeth Talk’.
The magazine in English was safely delivered by hand and available for free download to residents across the borough in te first week of April. It included one page of advice on washing, social distancing and more ways to shield yourself, translated into Portuguese for one of Lambeth’s biggest communities. Now six more pages are available in Portuguese for free download. They cover:
- Council Tax intervention update, including where to find help making an application
- Helpful local organisations including Lambeth Mutual Aid groups, the GAIA Centre for people fleeing domestic violence, employment support and advice
- How you can help as a volunteer, including how to register as a volunteer and how to donate food to a foodbank
- New Crowdfund Lambeth projects and how Crowdfunder is extending the scheme to make money available for schemes tackling the Covid-19 crisis
- Maintaining your wellbeing if you’re working from home or self-isolating, including managing stress, coping with the news, keeping active and overcoming loneliness
- The council’s ‘here for You’ message. (As seen on the cover of the original version and in pic above).
These translations are also available to share through Stockwell Partnership..
Translations for you
- The original English version of the special edition of Lambeth Talk is available as a PDF for readers.
- if you’d like any pages translated to any other Lambeth community language please email email@example.com